Thursday, August 11, 2011

Raw and Random Thoughts

There is some quality of clouds that allows them to be two completely different things without changing their nature. In the light of day clouds are beautifully billowing emblems of the heavens. The clouds of a sunny day inspire the artful minds of man to create images overflowing with hope, incite the hands of the poet to bleed their ink wells dry with sonnets unrivaled by history's greatest poetic genius'. Yet those same magnificent clouds are able to strike almost the opposite feelings into the heart of those that behold them. The amassed clouds of the brooding storm carry no joy with tempestuous winds. Those self same clouds which only hours before were unleashing their beauteous forms among the sky have become harbingers of the frigid and damp dismality that weakens the soul and bears down upon the spirit. Clouds are a truly wondrous thing!

The heart similarly is wondrous. I speak not of the ventricles, arteries and valves of the organic heart - though in fairness that organ is incredible - but instead of the heart of mankind that lives within the chest yet functions on the flow of emotions, and circulation of love. I compare the heart to the clouds because the heart does not change in nature when the winds of change blow and one's hope is worn down by the cool neglection of another's heart. I am no scientist but I do remember something about cold and hot pressure creating the different types of clouds, causing clear and stormy weather. As this is true - or at least as much as what is true is aligned with what I remember - it seems obvious that the soaringly hopeful heart belongs in the illuminated light of sunshine, while the beleaguered and life-leached heart is one found in the woes of a storm.

This analogy seems to be taking root in my mind and growing with a rapidity that causes me to think two things. First, the truth in the analogy is clearly recognized by me and thus I am able to quickly move further up and further into the analogy. Second, the analogy, if it has any truth at all in it, has long since lost any meaning and the majority of my above thoughts are without meaning beyond their singular words. WELL HANG IT ALL TO HIGH HELL SAY I! I am not only an optimist, but a romantic, and therefore I shall carry on with my thoughts, or rather let my thoughts carry me on. I should note that when I say analogy I could very well mean correlation, I am quite tired and not every word chosen is perfect.

Now, I know that above I claimed to let my thoughts carry me on, and I did fully intend to. The funny thing with intentions however is how they can easily be turned astray. I am sorry to say that my thoughts have now led me to only one place. My mind must rest. I must sleep. Though the rest of a night which I recently had is not available to me, I shall rest my best and see if I cannot re-board that train of thought which I seem to have gotten off of at the wrong station.

No comments: