Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back In Action: Jumping In

So this is probably only going to be some quick thoughts as I have a job interview in the morning (hopefully leading to a job finally) but here on some recent thoughts on people and my relationship with them.

Lets start with this quote: "What man is a man, who does not make the world a better place?"

I am noticing that my feelings and relationships with people are much less dependent on who particular people are (character, personality etc.) and more dependent on who they want to be; this is only sufficient insofar as they are moving towards and capable of becoming who they wish to be. This may not be a typical way of thinking, but I do think the world could use more of it. It has allowed me to be a less judgmental and more loving person.

I do not know the actual quote but someone once said something along the lines of "I was so consumed with trying to do the right thing, that I forgot what the right thing was." I think that extends fully into the realm of the way we treat people. It is easy to get caught up in wanting to love people but it is equally easy to fall into the temptation of looking for people who are "worthy" of our love. This leads us to become blind to the people who actually NEED our love.

Most of my above thoughts stem from my time contemplating my desire(?) to go to law school which I think is a result of my feelings on loving the people of this world. I do not wish to sit idly by and read about the injustice of this world while swelling with anger (even if it is righteous anger, not sure if it is necessarily). I feel that I have been given the ability and the heart to make a difference and maybe even change people's views on justice and its execution. In the end maybe that's what this post is all about. I want to go to law school and I want to fight the evil deeds of evil people. I have a hero complex, what of it? I don't have the heart to fight physically, but I have the passion to fight to the death for the love of the people of this world.

No comments: